This is probably the most obvious but there are two different aspects of your health that are impacted by your choosing organic food: what you're NOT getting and what you ARE.
The biggest advantages of organic food include:
- Nutrient-Denser Food:
According to a State of Science Review done in 2008, organic food has more nutritional superiority than its non-organic counterparts.1
- Stronger, More Energetic Body:
No pesticides, chemicals, or processed additives bogging down your system means a smaller risk of disease, illness, and disorders in yourself. Nothing leaves you feeling tired and gross like unhealthy junk food.
- It Tastes Better:
True, it may not taste as good if you're accustomed to the addictive qualities of junk food additives, such as processed sugar and MSG. But after just a short time of your body experiencing truly healthy food, you'll be craving it. No, really, you will. And all the crap will start having a bad after-taste.
- Yes,It's Cheaper:
- Whole foods help to prevent major and minor diseases and illnesses, meaning lower health care costs and less likelihood of missing work. One of the hidden advantages of organic food.
- Your brain tells your body to eat partially based on the nutrients it receives. Now that we know eating organic means more nutrients, it means your brain won't tell your body to keep eating like it does with junk food.
- Buying organic food from the farmer's market is incredibly inexpensive. You also have the option of bartering with farmers for good or services.
- Growing your own can become free when you get your organic vegetable garden in place!
- Andthis might not be one of the advantages of organic FOOD, but when it comes to non-food products, organic merchandise are generally a higher quality, so you don't need to buy a new cotton shirt every year when the old one falls apart.
- Want some practical tips on making organic food cheaper? Read more about how to make organic food affordable here.
- Although some organic food and products are more expensive, you actualy WILL save money in several ways:
- Safe from Dangerous Pesticides:
Chemical pesticides has been linked to breast, prostrate and other cancers, non-Hodgkins lymphoma, leukemia, infertility, convulsions, immune and endocrine disorders, Parkinson's disease and depression. Just to name a few!2
- Safe from Scary Chemicals:
Herbicides and fertilizers have been connected with various cancers, immune disorders, infertility, cardiac disease, hypertension, and numerous other diseases.3,4
- Safe from Other Crazy Shizz:
Things like genetically engineered foods (such a tomatoes spliced with fish genes for cold weather tolerance), food fertilized with sewer sludge, appetite enhancers given to animals and synthetic hormones are just a few more advantages of organic food.